Tuesday, April 15, 2014

How do you catch a chicken?


I think I’m gonna cry.  One of the 7 free hens that we got is very hard to capture back to the coop.  She has been out since Sunday and I’m very happy she’s still alive.  It’s very hard to catch a chicken.  Today is freezing as if winter has come back (it snowed in our area).  I’ve been worried this chicken is going to be food for other animals.  And I’ve been letting Baloo (our dog) loose outside our house so he can do his business since yesterday because I’ve given up hope that we will ever find the white chicken again.  And guess what today, I saw Baloo was chasing the poor white chicken.  Imagine how terrorized the chicken at this point.  I’ve been trying to lure this chicken back but have no luck at all.  I was almost close but she escaped again.  Any ideas how to catch chicken?  I really hope she will still survive another day loose and we will try again tomorrow.

The reason this white chicken is out is because my husband (to my disappointment) has been given a free rooster.  Yes you heard it right.  And we really have a very small coop that makes them all cramped in there.  My husband made a mistake again of letting the rooster and the hens have a free run without even thinking of putting our dog Baloo on leash.  It’s been crazy trying to think about it.

I will keep trying…

No comments:

Post a Comment