Wednesday, April 09, 2014

12 Additional Chicks


I can’t keep up with my posts.  Last April 4, we purchased 12 additional 3-day old chicks and here they are.  Now we have a total of 20 chicks.  Okay please don't think we're crazy. I couldn't resist the cute factor of these chicks. We've acquired 12 additional 3-day old chicks. One of them is Brahma and one is Cochin. The rest are Dorkings. Here’s their pictures.  I hope I didn't miss anyone.  My mom would have been so amused with these chicks if she's still alive.  She wanted me to have chicken long time ago but we cannot live full time at the farm yet.
Chick #1 of 12 (dots on head)

 
Chick #2 of 12 (mohawk head)

 
 
 Chick #3 of 12

Chick #4 of 12
 

 Chick #5 of 12
 

 Chick #6 of 12 (triangle head)
 

 Chick # 7 of 12
 

 Chick #8 of 12
 

 Chick #9 of 12
 

 Chick #10 of 12
 

 Chick #11 of 12
 

 Chick # 12 of 12
 
I talk to the chicks everytime I handle them so that soon when they’re old enough to be outside in free roaming and I need to catch them back into their coop, they will apparently let you carry them.  I still have to find out if that’s true.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment