Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Free Laying Hens Given To Us

My husband found an ad on Craigslist for 7 free laying hens and picked it up last night in Brampton.  They are 9 months old.  We feel so lucky to have them and didn't really expect we're gonna have laying hens this soon.  The coop that I got is too small for 7 hens at the moment but we let them loose during the day for a couple of hours.  They don't seem to wander too far.  They are actually at our front yard.  We will move the coop at the back once the snow all melted. 

I don't know the breeds yet.  I will get to that once I have time this weekend.  The guy who gave them away are moving so they need to give away the chickens.  At first we were very hesitant to take them.  But once they were here, they are very easy to handle.  Very docile chicken and loves to forage.

Here's one of the pictures I took today.


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment