Wednesday, April 16, 2014

First egg and a poor bleeding chick


Our hen laid its first egg.  Ironically enough, I thought it was the rooster who laid the egg (just kidding) as he’s the one who’s always on the nesting area.  He’s so afraid to go outside in the run because the 7 hens are beating him up.  We need a separate coop for the rooster I think or else he may not survive.  His comb is slightly bleeding today.

Anyway, as I was driving on the highway alone yesterday, I’ve been hearing chicks chirping.  I guess I’ve been hearing it all day at home so even when I’m not home, I still hear the chirping.  This is weird, isn’t it?

On a sad note, one of our chicks (from the second batch) left shoulder is bleeding.  I don’t know how it started.  I just see the other chicks are picking on him.  Chicks are attracted to anything red so it’s very hard to stop them from picking on him.  I put peroxide on the bleeding wound.  We ended up putting this bird in a separate cage and he is terrified to be alone.

 

Anyway, had a very solemn Passover & Foot Washing service this evening.  A great time to reflect the price paid for our sins by Jesus Christ our Saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment