Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Day 5 - Good and bad news

So out of the 17 eggs retrieved last Thursday, 13 were mature and only 5 were fertilized by pICSI (Physiological Intra-cytoplasmic Sperm Injection).  All 5 made it to day 3.  I received today's report only 1 survived day 5.  Only one blastocyst.  I'm thankful at least one survived but at the same time very disappointed we only have one shot to transfer this time.  I was hoping for more chances especially that this round is covered by OHIP.

We opted out of PGS (Preimplantation Genetic Screening) this time. Whatever will be will be.

Last round we had 2 PGS normal embryo (out of 11 eggs retrieved) and both failed.  This time I think it shows that quantity of eggs retrieved does compromise quality.  And my Puregon dosage has been doubled this time but it didn't help with quality of eggs I guess.

There's no schedule for transfer yet as I need to see our fertility doctor hopefully in the next week.  

It's very hard to remain optimistic and it's very easy to lose hope at this point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment