Monday, June 05, 2017

Day 9 of Ovarian/Egg Stimulation - IVF #2

I had the nurse administer another half a dose of Cetrotide this morning at the clinic as I ran out of that medication.  Boy, it hurt when she injected the needle.  It didn’t hurt that much when I was the one administering it myself on my belly the past couple of days.  It has to be injected at the right speed and angle.  If it’s poked too slow it would really hurt and I think that’s what happened when the nurse did it for me.  And if it’s too fast, it will hurt too.  It has to be just the right speed.

The dosage remained the same today – just 350 IU Puregon and 150 IU Menopur.  And the usual Dexamethasone and Thyroxin.  No Saizen today but there will be one tomorrow.  

My eggs are growing just fine.  There are about 15 mature eggs seen on ultrasound.  I’m hoping it’s accurate.  We won’t know for sure until day of retrieval which is scheduled in 3 days if everything progresses fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment