Thursday, June 08, 2017

Egg Retrieval


10 days of painful injections, weird pills and bad side effects has resulted today (8:30 am) in getting my eggs retrieved.  My husband and I were at the clinic at 7:30 am to sign all the consents and prepare the IV.  The nurse told me I was the only one doing retrieval today so I have the whole clinic to myself.  The procedure started at 8:30 am.  There I was legs spread, 2 guys and a woman crowded around me in the operating room with a spotlight shining you know where.  Modesty disappears in this situation, especially as they were trying to adjust the stirrups so my legs would be wider.  I did tell them that it felt too wide and a little uncomfortable but they just continued to position that suits them.  And the rest I could not remember after the sedatives had taken effect.
I was in the operating room for only 30 minutes according to my husband but I didn’t remember anything.  It felt just like a dream when I woke up.  While I was in the recovery room asleep after the procedure, my husband had to do his part…deposit his sample AKA sperm in another room.  I hope he did well.  Later in the day, they will select the best looking sperms and insert it into my eggs.  We left the clinic at around 10:15 am.  I was very dizzy and sleepy due to the sedatives.  I just wanted to go home to sleep.

This is the video my husband took.  I wanted him to videotape when I'm coming out of the operating room because last time I didn't remember how I got from the operating room to the recovery room.  Here I'm clearly awake but I don't remember this at all.  Weird.  I don't even remember my doctor (on the right in the video) telling me I had 17 eggs retrieved and I did good.



I slept all day since coming home.  It’s the most peaceful sleep I’d ever hard.  Sweaty cat love sleeping with me.  He's very clingy today maybe because our other cat Dusty passed away the other day.
 

My lower belly is sore like someone punched me hard I can’t move around easily.  Sitting or standing is not comfortable.  Hubby is pampering me 😊 Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better.
Thank God there are 17 eggs retrieved but my doctor thinks there are only 10 mature.  I will find out the fertilization rate result tomorrow from the embryologist.  All the viable embryos will be frozen and transfer will start next cycle.  My body needs to rest and get rid of all the hormones first.

I will continue to take my thyroid medications until told to stop and I've been given Letrozole to lower all the hormones from the past 10 days hormone medications.

Sweaty cat is being clingy after Dusty passed away the other night.

No comments:

Post a Comment