Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I prayed and there I got 9 eggs today!

Coincidence, maybe, but I was praying last night and asking God to please make my hens stop eating their eggs. I’m getting really desperate with my hen’s egg-eating problem. I’ve done so much for them and this is what they do to me?  How am I supposed to forgive them or spare them from becoming a chicken stew?  And guess what, today, I have 9 eggs. 

It should have been 10 but 1 egg was broken and frozen and I think they may have eaten the other half of it.  But that’s a big improvement from yesterday where I got none.  So I gave them a variety of food such as greens, melon, garlic and more oyster shells. 


And also today has been slightly warmer (by that I mean -8 C as opposed to -18 C).  I’ve also shoveled at the front of the coop to give them some room to roam.  It’s not a lot so this weekend I’ll shovel more so they have more outdoor space.  I’ve dumped the soiled straw and wood shavings right at the coop entrance because I figured it will cover some of the snow (pic below).  I usually throw out the soiled shavings out in a designated field outside the run.

The following three pictures is how bad the snow had piled up in front of the coop the other day when I didn’t shovel since last Sunday.  They obviously cannot move around.



I’ve done all the preventive measures as much as I can and prayers did help.  See the power of prayers?  Can you imagine all of these stuff I’m doing for these spoiled chickens?  I hope and continue to pray this egg-eating problem will completely stop.  And God does answer prayers. Thank God.  I can relax for now.  Tomorrow will be another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment