Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Apple cider vinegar and garlic


I’ve read on the internet that apple cider vinegar is like a natural antibiotic for chickens so I added about a tablespoon in their water about twice a week.  I hope it works.  They need to boost their immune system in the winter.

Also learned garlic is also good for them so I fed them some.  I hope their eggs won’t taste garlicky.  I bought a huge bag (5 lb) of peeled garlic from a Chinese store and I've been so tired of eating garlic every day.  There still so much left so I gave them to the chickens.

I made sure everyone got a bite.


 On a side note, see how bad the roosters are.  They pull the hen's feather (look at the picture above) when they're breeding.  I have decided to cull some of the roosters.  I'm still trying to select which ones and that would be another blog post.





No comments:

Post a Comment