Thursday, February 19, 2015

Fairy Egg


I got a surprise fairy egg yesterday.  It must be from the latest set of pullets we got last October.  Just to show you how small.  I fried it along with the normal sized egg (pictures below).  Fairy eggs are laid by very young hen.  It will eventually get bigger over time but the first few eggs usually are very small.

Just to digress, the first picture is how I dressed really early in the morning to clean the nesting boxes and the floor of the coop.  I didn’t last more than 10 minutes.  My fingers felt so painful I couldn’t move them even when I was wearing an insulated gloves.  That’s how bad -20 C is.  I feel bad for people who has to work outdoors.  Needless to say, the nesting boxes wasn't done cleaning.  Water in the big bucket froze by mid-afternoon.  And still my girls laid 5 eggs today so I gave them some kale.





No comments:

Post a Comment