Friday, July 21, 2017

2-Week Wait Ends Today!


Today, we were heading to have my first pregnancy bloodwork done and had an unexpected drive from home to the clinic.  Let me digress for a bit.  At 5:30 am we spotted an accident about a kilometer away from our home on a curving and uphill road.  A car had hit a cow and the front hood was all bent upwards and the carcass of the cow layed about a quarter of the way onto the road.  The accident looked like it had just recently happened as police were not on the scene yet.  We didn’t stop as we were heading to the clinic and wanted to beat the traffic and be in Toronto by 7 am.  And there was already another vehicle that stopped to help and put his blinkers on so it will alert oncoming vehicles on the road.  And about 100 feet later, we saw a horse cross the road and went on to the side road just off Country Road 45.  We figured someone forgot to close their gate, or maybe the fence was broken so the livestock escaped.  I hope that was just the casualty.

So, we arrived at the clinic at about 7 am (unusual we didn’t hit the usual heavy traffic).  It wasn’t busy today so I had the blood drawn right away but somehow my blood was filling up the syringe very slowly so it stung for a few more seconds. Surprisingly at 9:30 am my doctor personally emailed and congratulated me that it’s positive and although this is still early, it’s a good first step.  I appreciate him taking the time to let me know considering how busy he usually is.  I like to be thankful to God for each milestone thus far.  My HCG hormone level is at 91.6.  I feel it's a bit low but anything above 25 is an early positive pregnancy result.  Although I’m more relaxed this time, there are days when I fret especially when I wasn’t seeing a line on pregnancy tests on 4dp5dt (means 4 days past 5-day old frozen embryo transfer). The earliest I saw was 2 days ago (7dp5dt).  Apparently the earliest HCG level the home pregnancy test strip can pick up is 25.  Today is 9dp4dt which in normal pregnancy is the end of the 2WW (two-week wait). 
Line is darker today!
 
I’ve been instructed to increase my Prometrium suppositories to 3x daily 200 mg a day.  PIO (progesterone-in-oil) injections have been increased to 1 ml and now will be done daily (before it was 0.5 ml every other day).  Yikes, but my butt cheek is ready.  I know the drill.  Estradot patches remains the same – 4 patches every other day.

On Monday, I go back for another bloodwork and I’m praying my HCG hormone level will double every 48 hours.  I know it’s no longer in my hands but God’s hands and this journey has been crazy to say the least.

I’ve been taking it easy lately.  Though I’m not bed resting as it drives me nuts lying down doing nothing.  I’ve done a ton of laundry during my 2-week wait but I think I will put on hold my plan of SUP’ing this weekend with my dog Louie… 😊  Priorities first…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment