Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Welcoming the 2nd Trimester!

Today, I’m 2 days shy of 14 weeks in the pregnancy land. We had an appointment with OB and praise God, the results of the Harmony test (also called NIPT) and other bloodwork are normal. That was my greatest fear due to our advanced age where the chance for chromosomal abnormalities increases. You would not believe how stressed out I’ve been in the past few weeks anticipating all these tests. And I think I've been pampered while I was still under the care of the fertility clinic before where I had weekly ultrasound until week 10. After I graduated from that place, the regular OB only does it once every 4 weeks.

I do feel stupid worrying for nothing. I can start relaxing now that I’m finishing the first trimester. But as my husband said, I’ll probably find something else to worry about.

My blood pressure remains stable (120 over 70) despite the fact I’ve been having anxiety attacks.

And my OB also checked the heartbeat via fetal doppler and we heard it! He said it was fast enough and not to worry. I bought my own fetal doppler and been trying to listen to the heartbeat since week 12 and it was very difficult to hear anything. That just added anxiety. He said not to use it again because it’s not as sensitive as the ones they use in the clinic.

We also found out the gender but I’ll keep it a secret for now okay? I’ll reveal it at week 20.

As far as pregnancy symptoms, nausea comes and goes especially in the afternoon. And headaches and moodiness still hangs around.

I’m really over the moon with the results today and I know this is indeed a miracle! I’m so looking forward the second trimester. I've heard it is the easiest trimester.

My next OB appointment is in 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment