Thursday, September 14, 2017

Just one day shy of week 12


Just a little background, last Sep 1, I went to the ER when I couldn’t empty my bladder in the middle of the night. It was very painful and I had the urge to pee but nothing came. I was put in a catheter while at the ER but was removed before I left as I didn’t really want to bring it home. I thought I was doing fine a few days later but I was wrong. On Sep 6, I went to the same ER with the same issues. I came home again without a catheter. I phoned my OB last week about the issue but he has no availability to see me that week. I’ve been told to go to Mt. Sinai if it happens again so I did on Sep 9. At that time the OB on duty insisted I wear a catheter as it is more dangerous to have urine retention. 

Today, I had my Prenatal Screening blood tests and  Nuchal Translucency ultrasound in the morning and finally saw my OB to check my catheter. He decided to remove it. Thank God! I feel like human again. I had the catheter for 5 days and I was not a happy camper. Having a foreign object down there that pokes you if you walk or sit a certain way was horrible.

My OB also discussed the result of the NT test and it is normal. The sonographer was having a tough time finding the right position to capture the baby. I was still on catheter in the morning when the ultrasound was being done and she had to do transvaginal scan because she cannot see the baby on my belly. She had the probe inside me for what seemed like half an hour.  It was getting uncomfortable down there as she was adjusting the “wand” in different angles while tapping my belly in an attempt to get the baby switch to the right position.  She had asked me to cough hard and drink fruit juice.  It took so long but finally the baby cooperated and she got the right scan.

Well, I’m still waiting for the results of the other blood screening tests. And I think I’m feeling a little bit relaxed now that the ultrasound result is normal today.

No comments:

Post a Comment