Friday, January 03, 2014

Day 3 - spending like day 14



Food expenses today is much lower than the previous two days because today’s lunch is chicken stir-fry leftover from yesterday’s dinner.  And we’re still snacking on the Carrot bread leftover I made two days ago.

I originally planned to make Chickpea & Sweet Potato Curry for dinner but realized I don't have curry paste so I just experimented using coconut milk instead and some fish sauce.  Surprisingly enough, it tastes good (or am I just really hungry) with fish.    So far we spent $10.41 today.  I can predict $100 a month is not possible for us. 


Here’s the details:
Item
Price
2 cups rice
1
2 eggs
0.4
dressing (lemon poppy seed)
0.1
chocolate milk
0.88
540-ml can chick peas
0.8
400-ml can coconut milk
1
796-ml can diced tomatoes
1
2 apples
0.42
cod fish
3
sweet potatoes
0.81
fruit cake
1
Total
10.41

 

No comments:

Post a Comment